Porsche Design of America, Inc. Privacy Notice
Important Notice: We have updated our Privacy Notice to provide additional details regarding certain new rights provided under California law for consumers in California. If you would like a copy of all of the changes, you can request one by contacting us as described in the Contact Us section.
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the information that Porsche Design of America, Inc. (“Porsche”) collects about you, how we use and share your information, and your choices. Unless otherwise indicated, all references to "Porsche," "we," "us," or "our" in this Privacy Notice mean Porsche Design of America, Inc.
As used in this Privacy Notice, "Personal Information" means information that identifies or can reasonably be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, e-mail address, phone number, driver's license number, or credit card number. "Information" is collectively used herein to refer to both Personal Information and information that does not identify and cannot reasonably be liked to a specific individual.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Our Online Services may contain links to the websites of other Porsche companies or other third parties, as well as to social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Linked Sites”). Porsche is not responsible and has no liability for the privacy policies or practices of Linked Sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each Linked Site you visit.
Outside the U.S.
Information We Collect
Porsche and its third party service providers collect Information about you from a variety of sources, including Personal Information you provide directly to us, Information we collect about you when access and use our Online Services. We also collect your Personal Information from third parties. We may combine any of the Information collected about you for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
For example, when you complete a purchase of a product on the Site, we collect Personal Information such as your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. These are used to confirm, fulfill, bill and ship your order, as well as to respond to any later inquiries about the order. Similarly, if you make an information request on the Site, we may ask you to provide Personal Information in order to allow us to respond to your requests. Finally, we collect non-personal information such as your Internet browser type, operating system, and the IP address of the website from which you are linked to the Site. We use this information to help us tailor the Site in a manner to better match your computer settings, interests and preferences.
Information Collected Automatically
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies
- For Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-options-preferences-and-settings
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 and/or
Analytics Information: We may use third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Online Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving our Online Services.
Device and Browsing Information: We collect information about your computer or device each time you access our Online Services. Servers may automatically record certain log file information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, physical location data, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLS, number of clicks and how you interact with Linked Sites, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear Gifs/Web Beacons: When you use our Online Services, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track your online usage patterns. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information facilitates more accurate reporting and improvement of our Online Services.
Location Data: When you access our Online Services via a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store information regarding your mobile device, as well as real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use our Online Services. You may opt-out from allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device, though some features of our Online Services may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may receive Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Online Services through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through Facebook), such third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. We may also receive Information you have provided to our affiliates. We may also obtain other Information about you such as change of address, contact information, or demographic information from commercially or publicly available sources.
How We You Use Your Information
We use your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our products and services to you
- communicating with you regarding Porsche, and its products, services, and Events
- customizing your Porsche experience
- creating and managing your online login registration
- responding to your inquiries, comments, or postings
- administering our Events
- improving and customizing our Online Services
- internal operations such as enhancing our products and services, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis
- developing new products and services
- processing payments
- investigating or settling inquires or disputes
- marketing purposes
- enforcing our Terms and Conditions Use; and/or
- protecting the security and integrity of our business and our Online Services.
Your Choices In How We Use Your Information
While Porsche may contact you with offers and information concerning Porsche or its products, services or Events, you always have the choice not to receive such items. At the time of purchasing a product from the Site, you will be given a choice whether to receive promotional e-mails from Porsche. Each promotional e-mail you receive from us will provide you a specific opt-out mechanism to allow you to unsubscribe from receipt of these promotional e-mails. You may contact us as described in the below Contact Us section to communicate your marketing preferences and request to be removed from marketing lists.
Even if you choose not to receive promotional e-mails or mailings from Porsche, we may continue to use your Personal Information in order to contact you in connection with product recalls or other transactional purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share and disclose your Information as follows:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of our Online Services, payment processing, communications, and marketing research and analysis
- with members of our affiliated group of companies for promotional or other purposes
- to manage and administer Events
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation
- as may be necessary to protect the rights and interests of Porsche, its affiliates, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements
- in the event of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, reorganization, or acquisition, in which event your Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring company
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form
- in accordance with your consent.
If you wish to opt out of any of the data sharing practices described in this section, please contact us as described in the below Contact Us section.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
Personal Information We Collect About California Consumers
We describe the Personal Information we have collected from consumers in the twelve (12) month preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled, "Information We Collect." The information we collect includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, address, e-mail address, and phone number
- The following categories of Personal Information described in California Civil Code § 179.80(e): (1) the Personal Information listed in the preceding bullet point as "identifiers," (2) payment information such as payment card number or portion thereof, bank information, and payment amounts, (3) information you provided or that we record in connection with customer support calls or complaints, (4) demographic information such as birthdate, gender, language preference, and occupation, and (5) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in "Information We Collect" above.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as language preference.
- Commercial information, including information about orders, purchases or interest you have expressed in, any of our products or services,; information for any Porsche event or program or web specials; and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any event, program, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time
- Internet or other electric network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, advertisements that we display on our websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps, or Porsche pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter
- Geolocation data relating to your computer or device when you interact with Porsche web sites and mobile apps that post this Privacy Notice
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or our social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect ono ur websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer's preferences, characteristics, predispositions, or behavior.
We collect this Personal Information from sources that include our customers, our affiliates, third parties such as Facebook if you access our Online Services through such third parties, and third-party marketing or analytics providers or providers of publicly available information. For more information, please see "Information We Collect" and "Information Collected Automatically."
For information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use the Personal Information we collect, please see "How We Use Your Information."
Disclosure of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to other businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a sale under California law within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice:
- Identifiers and Inferences. Identifiers for individuals who visit our Web sites and mobile apps and the device such individuals use to visit our Web sites and mobile apps, data relating to usage of our Web Sites and apps and inferences drawn from such usage data, and data acquired from third party marketing and digital advertising providers. We share this information third party vendors that provide consumer behavioral analytics and digital advertising services to Porsche, and where applicable these vendors may use the information for their own purposes.
We have disclosed Personal Information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Consumers for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see "How We Share Your Information."
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
Right to Access and Information regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case for the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you
- the categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to which we disclosed the Personal Information
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver Personal Information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the Personal Information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with Porsche, or, if not, electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of Personal Information about you to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, visit our website www.porsche-design.us and click Do Not Sell My Personal Information or go to www.Porsche.com/usa/privacy-policy/contact/.
To opt-out from the sale of personal information for valuable consideration to analytics, social media, and advertising partners, please use the following links:
- Google Advertising opt-out: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996
- Google Analytics opt-out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Trade Desk opt-out: https://www.adsrvr.org/
- Verizon Media opt-out: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/controls/index.html
Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggesting that you will receive a different rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to Porsche by your Personal Information.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request through www.porsche.com/usa/privacy-policy/contract/
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-521-5152
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 further permits California consumers to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please tell us your preferences by contacting us as specified below.
Do Not Track
At this time, there is not worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, our Online Services are unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals.
Porsche does not all third parties to collect Personal Information when you use our Online Services for their promotional purposes. We do use third party web analytic services, such as Google Analytics, to help us obtain and analyze information about your browsing and usage habits.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to keep your Personal Information secure. For example, when you submit sensitive Personal Information, such as credit card information, through our Online Services, we utilize secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. We also request that our third-party service providers use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or use. However, no data transmission is guaranteed as 100% secure.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, please notify us as provided below in the Contact Us section.
Our Online Services are not intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please notify us as provided below in the Contact Us section if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Porsche Design of America, Inc., 600 Anton Blvd., Suite 1280, Costa Mesa, California 92626, Attn: Privacy Officer.
Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice
By using our Online Services, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Notice, and you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions posted on our Site. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not access or use our Online Services or submit any Personal Information to us.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
Porsche reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so you should review it frequently for changes. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post such changes on the Site. Your continued use of our Online Services and/or provision of your Personal Information after such posting constitute your acceptance of such changes. If we make a change to this Privacy Notice that, in our sole discretion, materially affects the use or disclosure of your Personal Information, a notice will be posted on the Site with a link to the updated Privacy Notice. Please contact us as described in the Contact Us section if you would like information regarding any changes.
Effective Date: December 20th, 2019
Copyright © 2019 Porsche Design of America, Inc.
To request a summary of the changes made to the last version dated February 6, 2008, please contact us as described above.