Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Our Online Services may contain links to the websites of other Porsche companies or other third parties, as well as to social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Linked Sites”). Porsche is not responsible and has no liability for the privacy policies or practices of Linked Sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each Linked Site you visit.
Outside the U.S.
Information We Collect
Porsche and its third party service providers collect Information about you from a variety of sources, including Personal Information you provide directly to us, Information we collect about you when access and use our Online Services. For example, when you complete a purchase of a product on the Site, we collect Personal Information such as your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. These are used to confirm, fulfill, bill and ship your order, as well as to respond to any later inquiries about the order. Similarly, if you make an information request on the Site, we may ask you to provide Personal Information in order to allow us to respond to your requests. Finally, we collect non-personal information such as your Internet browser type, operating system, and the IP address of the website from which you are linked to the Site. We use this information to help us tailor the Site in a manner to better match your computer settings, interests and preferences.
Information Collected Automatically
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies
- For Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-options-preferences-and-settings
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 and/or
Analytics Information: We may use third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Online Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving our Online Services. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form.
Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access our Online Services. When you use our Online Services, servers may automatically record certain log file information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with Linked Sites, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear Gifs/Web Beacons: When you use our Online Services, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track your online usage patterns. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information facilitates more accurate reporting and improvement of our Online Services.
Location Data: When you access our Online Services via a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store information regarding your mobile device, as well as real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use our Online Services. You may opt-out from allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device, though some features of our Online Services may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may receive Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Online Services through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through Facebook), such third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. We may also receive Information you have provided to our affiliates. We may also obtain other Information about you such as change of address, contact information, or demographic information from commercially or publicly available sources.
How We You Use Your Information
We use your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our products and services to you
- communicating with you regarding Porsche, and its products, services, and Events
- customizing your Porsche experience
- creating and managing your online login registration
- responding to your inquiries, comments, or postings
- administering our Events
- improving and customizing our Online Services
- internal operations such as enhancing our products and services, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis
- developing new products and services
- processing payments
- investigating or settling inquires or disputes
- marketing purposes
- enforcing our Terms and Conditions Use; and/or
- protecting the security and integrity of our business and our Online Services.
Your Choices In How We Use Your Information
While Porsche may contact you with offers and information concerning Porsche or its products, services or Events, you always have the choice not to receive such items. At the time of purchasing a product from the Site, you will be given a choice whether to receive promotional e-mails from Porsche. Each promotional e-mail you receive from us will provide you a specific opt-out mechanism to allow you to unsubscribe from receipt of these promotional e-mails. You may contact us as described in the below Contact Us section to communicate your marketing preferences and request to be removed from marketing lists.
Even if you choose not to receive promotional e-mails or mailings from Porsche, we may continue to use your Personal Information in order to contact you in connection with product recalls or other transactional purposes.
How We Share Your Information
Porsche does not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We share and disclose your Information as follows:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of our Online Services, payment processing, communications, and marketing research and analysis
- with members of our affiliated group of companies for promotional or other purposes
- to manage and administer Events
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation
- as may be necessary to protect the rights and interests of Porsche, its affiliates, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements
- in the event of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, reorganization, or acquisition, in which event your Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring company
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form
- in accordance with your consent.
If you wish to opt out of any of the data sharing practices described in this section, please contact us as described in the below Contact Us section.
California’s Do Not Track Notice
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, our Online Services are unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals.
Porsche does not allow third parties to collect Personal Information when you use our Online Services for their promotional purposes. We do use third party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us obtain and analyze information about your browsing and usage habits.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to keep your Personal Information secure. For example, when you submit sensitive Personal Information, such as credit card information, through our Online Services, we utilize secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. We also request that our third-party service providers use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or use. However, no data transmission is guaranteed as 100% secure.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, please notify us as provided below in the Contact Us section.
Our Online Services are not intended for use by children under 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
To request a summary of the changes made to the last version dated February 6, 2008, please contact us as described above.
Effective Date: April 5, 2018 Copyright © 2018 Porsche Design of America, Inc.